Friday, September 4, 2009

Hey everyone. Sorry its been more than a week since my last post. Friday august 28th i left the united states and flew to london. I sat in the middle of the economy class between two large englishmen. I didnt get to sleep because i was worried about someone taking my carry on, which had all my valuables. We arrived at the hotel in london shortly after 10 am. After some rest i was able to met the other students that i would be traveling with. One girl goes to my school and it is really nice having her on the trip because i can easily relate to a saint mikes student. In london I saw buckingham palace, westminster abbey, the memorial to prince albert, the high end shopping district, london bridge, tower bridge, i went in and toured the globe theater, the albert and the victoria museum. My favorite was buckingham palace and and the prince albert memorial. People in london are the craziest drivers in the world, not to mention they drive on the wrong side of the road and the wrong side of the car. People to this day still put flowers outside the store that princess diana frequently shopped at. I also got to ride a double decker bus, which was really fun.

We arrived in spain on Monday and Salamanca is a beautiful city. Its comparable in size to Worcester in terms of population. The city is 2.5 hours by bus from madrid and there is nothing interesting to see along the way. I live in a flat (apartment) with my senora, her son who is around 30, and my roommate from Florida Evan. Breakfast consists of toast and water. Comida is the big meal of the day around 2:30 pm, its like supper in america. My host senora is a very good cook, the only thing i have said no to since ive been here is flem for desert. In the past week for comida we have had chicken and rice, fish, pork, and chicken. Cena is dinner and it is usually around 9 30 pm and is comparable to lunch in America. Comida (the lunch meal previously descriped) is followed by a nap until 5 pm. I am in an intensive spanish orientation class right now that meets from 9 until 2 every day for two weeks before classes begin. Sorry there is no pictures this time but hopefully with in the next couple of days i can upload some. I miss everyone back home. thanks for reading

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dan, It sounds like you are having an awesome time! Glad you got there safely. Why didn't you want to eat the flem. It sounds appetizing!!

    Take care and have fun!

    Love, Auntie Sue

    ReplyDelete